Sunday, March 7, 2010

W.A.S.P. Show Tonight

I have always hated it when shows were on a school night, but as the bands I love come around less and less I'll take what I can get.  W.A.S.P. will be across town at Scatz tonight.  What could be a reliving of my youth seems more like a lesson in how old I actually am.  I have been down with a cold again (second this year so far), my back is pretty touchy today, and I have to get up at 5:00 am to get to work.  Still, I wouldn't miss this show for the world.

The first and only time I saw W.A.S.P. was in December 1984, if I recall correctly.  They were opening for Kiss on the Animalize Tour at the Dane County Memorial Coliseum (now called the Alliant Energy Center).  I was very close to the stage and a little to the left.  I still have pictures from that show somewhere.  I snuck in my little Kodak 110 camera.  Only a few pics turned out, and none of the W.A.S.P. pics.  I think I was 17, so it has been over 25 years. 

I will be going alone, although I expect to see many familiar faces from the old days at the (long gone) Black Bear Lounge.  The heavy metal bar in Madison in the late 80's and early 90's.  At the most I may have a drink or two upon arriving, otherwise it will be a sober evening.  I will be flying out of there as soon as the show is over to get home, unwind, and hopefully get enough rest.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hope you had a blast! :)