Saturday, January 28, 2012

Latest Listening Pleasure... PAIN

PAIN is a band from Sweden, essentially Peter Tagtgren, that blends metal with techno with electronic whatever to create a big metal sound. I first learned of PAIN a year or two ago and liked the music so much that I explored them further. The early stuff I found to be a big bowl of okay, while their last two releases have greatly appealed to me. I love how the internet has introduced me to so many bands around the world that I never would have heard of otherwise. Anyway, I have been listening to them quite a bit more lately and, since I haven't posted in a week, I thought I would share what I've been jamming to lately. First, kind of keeping in the theme of crazy drummers, is PAIN's first single, 'Dirty Woman,' off their latest release 'You Only Live Twice.' While it is a great song, it also shows the drummer get frustrated, then destroy and eventually set fire to his drum set. After that is my current favorite song, 'The Great Pretender,' kind of a continuation (well, there's a hint at the end) of the 'Dirty Woman' video. This is what I like, do you? Give it a try...




PAIN on Wiki
PAIN Official Website

No comments: