Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Packers Watch

Yes, following the Green Bay Packers is a year round obsession for us diehards.  This space is not about sports but a couple developments made me want to share.  First, it was announced yesterday that Robert De Niro will play Vince Lombardi in an NFL film due to be released the week before the Superbowl, 2012.  I can't say I disagree with the pick of actors.  Actually, I hadn't ever thought about it.  But De Niro, I think he will do a better job than anyone else that comes to mind.  All this said, I don't really watch alot of movies let alone venture out*, but I am looking forward to this now! 
ESPN has more here.

*'Alice in Wonderland' looks very interesting, however.


Secondly, the Packers will wear an alternate color scheme now and again for the next few years.  Yes, it's another throwback jersey thing.  It will be similar to the 1929 look (left), with modern mandated upgrades.  It's kinda neat when football gets real ugly!

Colorized pic is from the Green Bay Press-Gazette.  They have the whole story here.





That's all I have.  It is a very active time right now with free agency having just begun.  You can find all that stuff elsewhere.  Here's to a great offseason!



BTW, I did do that 'Teenage Audio Test" on Monday night when my ears had mostly settled down.  I still passed.  I didn't even need to turn up the speakers.  I'm dumbfounded.  Not really.  I know my hearing is less than 100%.  I have to have a phone up to my right ear, my left doesn't work as well.  Besides, you just know if your own hearing has diminished.

No comments: