Saturday, July 21, 2018

Latest Listening Pleasure 30 - Diamante

Diamante is a performer that just over a month ago I saw the album cover and song titles with a two word description - Alt Metal, but I was intrigued so I looked her up on Youtube and I've been playing her CD constantly ever since.  This is how I find out about a lot of new music, and I still haven't seen any reference to her on any of the music sites I visit daily.  Well, here's your notice, because I think you may be hearing more about her soon.  I hope so, anyway, because I really enjoy her voice and music.

Coming In Hot is her debut album, just out last month, June 15, but she has put out a few EPs of earlier material and then songs off the album leading up to the release.  She is a self proclaimed 80's metal fan despite her very young age so that may explain why I find the music appealing, but judge for yourself.  There is a series of short videos of her giving some background, the first of which is here.  She is the daughter of an Italian father and Mexican mother, born in Boston, Mass.  That's interesting right there.  Below is her video for the upbeat and fun title track, but she also has videos for the songs Haunted, Had Enough, and the ballad I'm Sorry as well as several lyric videos and even a collaboration with current tourmates Bad Wolves.  That's a lot of videos for an artist's debut album,  She is obviously well-backed by someone who believes in her, or she's already six figures in debt at age 21.

Diamante - Coming In Hot
(I like that she includes us older guys in the video.  They still like to rock, too!)

And the ballad, I'm Sorry, is a very good song, but one thing bothers me about it.  She sings 'I wanna say I'm sorry' several times, but never actually says it.  She just says that she wants to say it, that's it, and that's not an apology.  Okay, I'm sorry, my OCD must be acting up...

And if you know me and my OCD then you know I love the live stuff.  When I found her website I saw that she played here in Madison a few weeks before the album came out and before I knew anything about her.  Bummer.  I did find one video of her full half hour set from a few weeks ago, and I've enjoyed it a few times.  Remember the name, I think she may get bigger soon.  Now play the show!

Diamante 6/27/18 Huntsville AL


Previous LLP Posts...
LLP 1 - Pain
LLP 2 - Nightwish
LLP 3 - Die Antwoord
LLP 4 - Pain part 2
LLP 5 - Andrew Bird LIVE
LLP 6 - Nightwish part 2
LLP 7 - Paramore
LLP 8 - Newsted
LLP 9 - U.D.O. LIVE
LLP 10 - Nightwish Imaginaerum Movie
LLP 11 - Kiss
LLP 12 - Rick Springfield
LLP 13 - Hyrax
LLP 14 - In This Moment
LLP 15 - Faster Pussycat LIVE
LLP 16 - Sebastian Bach
LLP 17 - Cradle Of Thorns
LLP 18 - Amaranthe
LLP 19 - Lindemann
LLP 20 - Halestorm
LLP 21 - Garbage LIVE
LLP 22 - Arcade
LLP 23 - Nightwish LIVE
LLP 24 - Ace Frehley
LLP 25 - Darkc3ll
LLP 26 - Dementia
LLP 27 - Rammstein
LLP 28 - Marilyn Manson LIVE
LLP 29 - The Harp Twins LIVE
LLP 30 - Diamante

2 comments:

Blue Witch said...

"She sings 'I wanna say I'm sorry' several times, but never actually says it. She just says that she wants to say it, that's it, and that's not an apology."

But that's how it is these days, isn't it? Complain to any company about anything and that's all they say. And most people don't even notice the difference.

Scoakat said...

Spelling and punctuation is falling by the wayside, too. It's not unusual anymore to see these errors in (formerly) reputable publications.
Our deaths will be in the details.