Monday, June 3, 2024

Cable Update

So, I had called earlier in the month of May to cancel my cable and you know how that turned outhow that turned out.  Well, I called again on Thursday afternoon to get my cable turned off.  I spent around 45 minutes on the phone and was assured it would go off at midnight that night.  Guess what?  In the morning we still had cable.  I had to get this taken care of before they pushed me into the next billing cycle.

Friday after work I called again.  I spent a half hour on hold before finally getting someone.  We went through the usual routines but I was having none of it.  I could not be swayed, I did not believe their lies and assurances that it will be turned off.  It got to the point I just let them know, over and over, I would not end this call until my cable was off, internet was left alone, and I could verify everything to my satisfaction on my end.  They kept trying to tell me that the order was submitted but I didn't care.  I know they can turn it off immediately and I would not hang up until this was done.

Finally, after almost two hours and 4 different levels of their 'customer service' workers, I got the cable cancelled.  So a total of 3 phone calls and almost 4 hours to do a simple thing that could have been done in minutes, if they wanted.

The very next day I returned the equipment, but my receipt showed the returned equipment and one mysterious piece of equipment (I only have a serial number) that I supposedly still have.  Sounds like someone there wants to give me another headache.

While I was dealing with that last phone call my wife ordered the equipment to get internet from a different provider.  As soon as we get it we will set it up and as long as everything goes as expected I will get to go through this all over again to get our cable internet cancelled and try to completely cut ties with this company, Spectrum.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

delcatto said...

Customer service certainly sounds like a misnomer. Good luck!

Scoakat said...

Exactly. We have the equipment now for the new internet provider, but I'm beat right now and I'm getting a second flare-up in just over two weeks. So maybe tomorrow.