Sunday, January 28, 2024

Weather, Sickness and Livestreams

Since the foot of snow we had earlier this month we spent the following week in a deep freeze.  Temperatures at and below 0ºF after all that snow and with little or no sun contributed to snow-packed to ice roadways and dangerous conditions all-around.  That was followed by significantly warmer temperatures that hovered at or above the freezing mark, day and night, for another week, which has allowed salt to work and aid in making the roadways better, finally.  Last Tuesday we had all 4 types of precipitation in one day; rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow.  Along with those temperatures we had many days of dense fog and rain on a few days which has helped melt a lot of snow, yet there is still plenty of it everywhere you look.  This next week looks to be more familiar with daytime highs above freezing and the lows below, and no real chance of snow.

That's enough of a weather report, I think.  Wisconsin can have more extremes in weather than many other areas, many times seemingly without rhyme or reason, so can be interesting to note.

Also, last Sunday I started to feel like I was fighting a cold so I stayed in, started taking my supplements and just relaxed.  Didn't matter one bit.  Monday and Tuesday I felt like I was hit by a truck with head and body aches and lethargy, staying home from work and sleeping a whole lot.  (I tested for Covid and it was negative.)  While I got a little more energy back on Tuesday it was only temporary as the virus had settled deeply into my sinuses where it still resides now.  And no matter what cold medicine I've tried it barely helps, but that always seems to be the case for me.  I want to say I feel slightly better today, but really this whole week has been just absolutely miserable for me.  Today will be more of the same - rest and relaxation and hoping this virus clears soon.

At least today I will have some entertainment.  At the end of November I signed up for a yearly pass on Veeps, a popular livestreaming site.  I paid $60 (a half-price Black Friday deal), which is about what I spent on livestreams on that site last year but now I'll have access to all of their shows so will be more likely to watch shows that I was hesitant to spend money on before.  

At almost 2 this afternoon on Veeps is Bad Omens with opening act Poppy, airing live from Germany (7 hours ahead of us) on their current European tour.  I'm a big Poppy fan and while I don't know much about Bad Omens I do like the song they did together, V.A.N., released just a couple days ago.  Interestingly, it was written entirely by the singer of Bad Omens but it is not a duet with Poppy handling all of the vocals.  A good song and fits right in with Poppy's catalog, though.  I'm sure they'll share the stage at some point to perform the song together.

Bad Omens & Poppy - V.A.N.

Later today there is still playoff football on TV so that will be the rest of my day, then back to work tomorrow - hopefully feeling much better.

2 comments:

Scoakat said...

False advertising, they didn't show Poppy's set. I could hang around and wait for them to bring her out for the song, but instead I watched the song on TouYube from when they debuted it live at last night's show. Oh well, football's on.

delcatto said...

You have a horrible virus as well. Keep warm and wrapped up, these things are meant to try us.