Saturday, January 13, 2024

WFW Part 4 - Final

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning so looked out and saw it snowing, though less accumulation than before.  The snow petered out by 9 this morning, so about 9:30 we went out to clean it up again.  This time was 2-3 inches, depending where you looked, so I'm going to say we got a generous 12 inches from this storm.  I'll have to try and catch the news to hear the official amount since I still haven't found a good source on the internet.  Our official amount is taken at the airport, about a mile north of here, but we had high winds also so there was some blowing and drifting, so results may vary.


It cleaned up well enough again, I'll put more pics after the break.  The solar lights are still poking up but there is the gnome on the stump, now just a slight bulge in the snow.




Not sure what you'll be able to make out in this white on white picture out front, but the plow has been down the other side of the street once only.  Tonight the parking side shifts to the other side so the plow should clear the street in front of us tonight, then we'll have to clear all the snow it pushes into our driveway.  And there is a whole lot in front of our driveway right now.


After clearing snow I started on a new baguette recipe.  I had low expectations during the process, but now I'm very excited about it.  More soon!

6 comments:

Kel said...

Wow Snow! We only got around 4-5 maybe. And I'm fine with that!

delcatto said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. Still no snow here.

Scoakat said...

Hi Kelly! Yeah, further south. Did you get rain, too?

LOL, delcatto. How much snow do you get in a season, overall?

I never saw an official total. We got a dusting overnight so cleared that and the end of the driveway right away this morning. Super cold out there right now (-4ºF/-20ºC), but I might still go out to lunch.

delcatto said...

We get very little snow here on the east coast, just an occasional small amount. It is mainly very wet weather with icy rain!

Blue Witch said...

Your snow blower seems to be earning its keep!

Snow forecast here tomorrow. Very cold (around 0 C) but bright and sunny today.

Scoakat said...

I didn't figure you saw much of it, delcatto, especially on the coast. Probably what we would call a trace amount.

0ºC is very different than 0ºF, as you know, BW. I'm up for a trade! I believe we actually got up to 1ºF today, briefly. Roads are snow-packed to ice and very slippery, and way too cold for salt to help. I may balk at some driving tomorrow, not sure how work's going to like that.