Monday, November 1, 2021

Happy Halloween 2021

We weren't quite sure what to expect for trick-or-treaters last night.  Last year I hung a sign for covid, but I didn't hear much about it this year so I assumed everything was going to be normal.  And it seemed to be, except we got fewer kids coming by the house.  About 25 or so little monsters, pirates, princesses and bumble bees, and they all got a great big handful of candy since I could tell it was going to be slower this year.  I enjoy answering the door and have worn a Halloween mask for the last several years (but for last).  And again I put up the mummy in the corner windows.

But by far the biggest hit of the night was the mask I wore, parents and kids alike laughed and commented on it.  First off, I felt better answering the door wearing a mask, just the new normal now.  This one has an LED light display that can show several different colors and patterns, but the most entertaining is the green smiley mouth.  It's voice activated so changes up to a big O shape so when you talk it moves to match your voice.  Very entertaining for Halloween, though I bought as a goof on Amazin' sometime since last year as maybe something funny to wear into the office when I had to go in, or some other stupid reason.  Regardless, it was certainly a hit last night.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween!

2 comments:

Nic said...

Heh, yes, that mask is excellent, can see why it went down well.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Nic. I thought it was cute but didn't quite expect the reaction it got.