Saturday, November 27, 2021

Thanksgiving Eve Fire Video

I recorded my fire the other night and edited it down to a 6 minute video.  A tedious process, but now done so I'm not going to waste it.  Much of the video is from the first part of the night, then I skipped past most of when I was on a video call with my Mom and niece, with an outro of a fire in the dark.  Air traffic was heavier than usual, not surprising with the holiday, and taking off generally south above me.  The sky was very overcast, the temperature surprisingly moderate at about 50ºF when I began at just after 4:00 in the afternoon.  There were lots of sticks that had fallen on the neighbors yards out front that I grabbed and burned up this night.  The extended forecast was much colder so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

There is a squirrel distraction about 4:45 and plane lights passing through the trees about a minute later.  Otherwise it's just me relaxing, feeding the fire and being lost in my thoughts.  Sit a spell, relax.

Link is here for email readers.

4 comments:

Nic said...

This was good to watch....a bit like being there but probably warmer.

Thanks for sharing, take care.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Nic. I've done similar videos before, but differently. Not sure how many more opportunities I'll get this year.

delcatto said...

That does look very relaxing and probably much needed. Thank you for that.

Enjoy, keep warm and safe

Scoakat said...

Thank you, Delcatto. Yes, it had been more than a month since the last. I've not had as many fires as last year. Still hope there's more chances, a fire for the solstice again would be nice.