Monday, June 6, 2011

There Is No 'Other'

'My Other Favorites' list in the right column is now 'My Favorite Sites'.  Just having the word 'other' in there seemed to diminish them somehow, other favorites, which just never quite sounded right.  I guess I only called it that because it followed the blogs list and the podcast list.  And all of them are exactly what it says: I listen to all those podcasts, read all those blogs and visit my favorite sites as daily as I can manage.

I haven't been writing much lately, but there hasn't been much to write about.  Nothing out of the ordinary has been happening other than I took a 4 day weekend to try and settle down my sciatica (I hate that word but it conveys my meaning in a concise way).  I have been making myself get on the exercise bike more and do more physical therapy exercises for my back, mainly different stretches and planks to get those muscles back into form.  If I saw the doc, therapy is the first thing he will recommend, so I want to be able to say I've been doing it already when I see him for my physical at the end of July.  Hopefully, if I maintain it, this will be a much smaller issue for me then.  Pain is very good motivation.

No comments: