Sunday, June 26, 2011

Garden Gate Project

Yesterday I managed to cross several things off my to-do list.  I feel like if I don't get things done now it may be fall before I get the chance, after my back is fixed and healed (hopefully).  So I popped some extra pills and I did several small things with my wife's help,  but the main project I accomplished was adding a front rail and gate to the gardens.
 It may not look like much, but I took the time to get all the measurements correct and keep everything square and plumbed up.  Slowed by my back, I spent much of the day on this project while my wife went out on the lake with friends.  (I haven't been on the boat yet this year, and probably won't be until I'm fixed.)  While I had all the stuff out I also replaced a rail that was rotted by the side door.  The new wood doesn't match the old over there, but we hardly use that door anymore and it's not very visible from the front of the house so we're not too worried about it.  I think I'm done now, the pain is winning.  Today is a rest day.

More pictures after the break:









2 comments:

Mom said...

Great job on the gate! It looks very good. You have done alot of projects with all the pain you've had. Hats off to you!! I want to come for some fresh strawberries!!

Scoakat said...

I'm done with projects for now, my back still hasn't recovered from this project, thus another day off for me today.

The strawberries are starting to wind down a bit. We still pick them every day, but they are fewer and smaller. We have plenty in the freezer, though!