Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Look At The Yard

I have taken a day off from work today to try and get my back to settle down a bit, so - inspired by Delcatto's post this morning - and as I get ready to watch The Mike O'meara Show live - I thought I would limp out and get a couple pics of how our yard is shaping up this Spring.  The sun is not out, but it had to be now before the rain comes later.*
The irises outside the back porch are starting to bloom.  I know they are mostly yellow, but I thought there should be more purple and pink than this.

The Hostas have filled out around the Silver Maple in the back yard.  If you look beyond the tree on the right you'll see the Bleeding Heart plant is still flowering.  And in the top right corner, the lilac bush just finished for the year.

After starting with just a few plants last year, and adding a few early this year, the Lily Of The Valley is starting to fill out nicely.  Hopefully even more next year.  As you can see, they are just done flowering.

At the bottom of our new back stairs one of our Peonies is getting ready to burst forth in large blooms!
If you're interested in the gardens, I updated that site just the other day.  Other than that, blogger still won't let me post videos and I have no idea why.  Probably something stupid I'm doing or not doing.  Maybe I'll look into it later...

*Update: 2:00pm - Of course it is no longer cloudy and no rain materialized.  The sun has been shining for quite some time now.  Meteorologists are well paid hypothesizers.

4 comments:

delcatto said...

It's all looking good. We could do with some of that rain as we have had the driest spring in a long time.

Scoakat said...

Thank you, no rain came though. But we've had plenty lately and more soon forecast. Our Spring has been cool and wet, temps are supposed to be summer-like soon, though - starting with about 90F called for tomorrow.

Mom said...

Your flowers and yard are looking wonderful. You both do a great job at taking care of them. Hope your back is feeling better with some rest. Love ya!

dan said...

love the peonies, thanks
love ya c ya........via con dios
RSP