The original sunflower blooms are long gone but the secondary blooms are popping up all over the place. I've not even tried to count them, but the quality of bloom will be less and some may not get to be much more than they are now. The tallest sunflower, in the corner of house and porch, reached 10' 7" this year. I like trying to grow them tall, and I will save the seeds from the head I have bagged, but more and more I'm thinking I might try a different variety next year.
There is also one sunflower plant that the secondary blooms have a bit of different color to them, with the yellow. They appear to be a different hybrid, but could be some kind of soil deficiency or who-knows-what. I could look it up, but you know, I'm just not going to worry about that.
I have some plans coming up and some rest and relaxation scheduled. No big project on my list, just maybe little ones and the PITA ones that I never seem to get around to doing. I don't want to be too busy right now, anyway.
Starting today I have to relax and just enjoy my time. I may pop in and out, here, or I may just recap at a later time. No matter what, I hope it's an enjoyable week for all. Cheers!


2 comments:
Happy 59th anniversary! Hope you enjoy your special day.
And enjoy your well-deserved vacation.
- BW
Happy 59th! Chilling out and taking a low key approach to getting jobs done sounds like a good plan.
Post a Comment