8/31 Monday I expected supervisor Matt around 3:30. At 3:45 I texted him to see if he was still coming, he replied that he had me on his calendar tomorrow. Looking back I believe he was correct and I was jumping the gun. I had not written it down.
9/1 Tuesday Had a good meeting with Matt. He saw my issues and said they would be corrected.Prior to meeting Matt I got out the ladder and did some more checking. The rain deflector over the walk-in garage door was short and had no angle. And, an even bigger issue, the bottom row of shingles hung over the roof edge 1 to 2.5 inches, covering much of the gutters. Ideally this should be 3/8 to 1/2 inch, tops.
Now I wait again. It will be some time before they can get a crew out, but I'm okay with that as long as it all gets fixed before winter.
I cleaned up the back yard yesterday morning, before the heat and humidity moved in. Temperatures actually aren't so bad this holiday weekend. This past week was very hot and humid, with rain here and there. Our drought status has improved to 'abnormally dry.'
Kate and I took a walk this afternoon. Recently there had been some sort of burn in places along the creek. Unannounced and the wrong time of year, so I'm not sure if was on purpose or arson. Anyway, we found some ducks today.
Today I've made baguettes and taco sauce, already enjoyed the Brewer game and later the Wisconsin Badgers open their football season at Lambeau Field against Notre Dame, and I'll be right here watching. Tomorrow is Labor Day, so a three day weekend and short work week, and I finally have a vacation coming. Cheers, everyone.



No comments:
Post a Comment