Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Fall Equinox 2026

Tonight at 7:05 is the Autumn Equinox here, 11 minutes after sunset.  Fall has already made itself known around these parts.  Last week was cool and damp, this week is even more cool though it is supposed to warm up a little toward the end of the week.  Plant life is showing the ravages of summer and my mind drifts to all the cleanup to be done though it is not time for any of it yet.  This summer seems to have gone faster than usual and some things seem to have just gotten away from me this year, but I'm not going to spend my time worrying about weeds and such until spring comes and with it hopefully a fresh start and more effective weed killer.

I bought two pumpkins today, small ones.  Halloween decorations and candy have been in the stores for a month and now Christmas stuff is coming out everywhere.  Still September, right?  I swear it gets earlier every year.

Anyway, I normally like to have a fire pit on this type of occasion, but I'm going to have to pass tonight and hope the spirits forgive me.  Fire pit count is still at 2 for the year, and I'm not proud of that.  But instead tonight I'll be staying inside and watching the Brewer game while trying to get started writing a recap of last week's vacation and a roof update.  Happy Autumn, everyone.

No comments: