8/10, Monday 8:30 a.m. Roofing supplies on a pallet along with longer trim pieces are dropped off behind the house on the side of the driveway, a bit on the lawn.
8/11, Tuesday 11:30 a.m. The roofing crew begins working after being delayed by rain. Roofing and cleanup completed and the last truck leaves at 6:58 p.m. Some sunflower disrespect pointed out when I got home from work, but mostly I let them work and checked in from my window views. Also received text from Julia, saying she was the backup project manager and secondary contact to Isaac, the project manager - not on site.
8/13 & 14, Thursday & Friday Gutter crew arrived late afternoon. My house gutters are six inch, but they arrived with 5 inch for the porch. They asked me, and I sighed and figured 5 inch was adequate for the porch and let them proceed. Not ideal, but whatever. When the porch gutters and gutter covers were completed they let me know they would be back the next day to put the gutter covers on the house since they only had 5 inch.
8/18, Tuesday Morning text to Isaac hoping to get a timeline on the work that needed to be addressed yet, more later, and when extra roofing supplies would be removed - 1 week after roof was done. I waited two days with no response.
8/20, Thursday I texted Tony the sales guy about the lack of response and he responded right away. Later that morning Isaac left a phone message. Tony texted to verify he got a hold of me. I called Isaac after work, we set up time on Tuesday at 3:30 for final fixes and walk-through.
8/23, Sunday Trimmed bushes out front. Collected my third pail of garbage, nails, shingles pieces, and other left by the roofers.
8/25, Tuesday Expecting to meet Isaac at 3:30, found out he arrived earlier, did some work, talked to Kate and tried to get her to sign off as complete. I really did not like this.
8/26, Wednesday 2:30 pm I texted backup project manager Julia, asked for Isaac's supervisor's name and number. 4:00 pm that day the leftover supplies got picked up, 15 days after roof completed.
8/27, Thursday Project manager Julia texted back with names and a number. When I called that afternoon that number never rang, so I looked up the Madison office number from their website. Eventually I was put in contact with supervisor Matt. We spoke that afternoon and I went through my whole complaint list, noting to him that in the grand scheme of things most of it was nothing, but it is the work that lasts. We have an appointment at my house after work on Monday so he can see my issues in person.
These are pretty much my timeline notes so far, with video to back up almost all of it. I should have written this in parts as it happened, but I was not expecting this to be so drawn out. My big issue is with the seam between the porch and the house. It has looked like shit since we bought the house so I expected it to look much cleaner after this, but it did not. They did not use a wide enough board to cover the old black caulk, so you could see the old caulk and the new, and it was ugly. Apparently Tony failed to measure this area too, beside my gutters.
Isaac's proposed fix was some paint. I was skeptical, but was willing to see what he would do. Then he was sure to get in and get out before I got home from work. He knocked on the door and my wife happened to be home, so he told her generally what he did and handed her a paper with some random numbers to pay and asked her to sign it off as complete. She wouldn't, of course.
He didn't paint, he attached a piece of flashing that creates a channel. Well, I've never seen anything like it on a house so it's hard to describe, but I don't like it one bit. Then I saw him on video strategically photograph it for their records, but not the view of the second picture below.
This is a very reputable company with great google reviews, an inspiring backstory, and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, all reasons I chose this company. But yet, service has been terrible and this is yet incomplete. I require a better fix for this and we'll see what Matt says on Monday when he sees this work in person. I can't imagine anyone thinking this is okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment