Saturday, August 31, 2024

Beef 2024

I picked up our latest split half of beef this morning, along with some other meat candies.  The 1/4 cow was $906.54 for 136.8 pounds, about $6.63 per pound.  That's about a dollar more than last year, but not unexpected as the price of everything has risen and last year's went down to $5.60 from $5.98 the prior year.  We pay for the hanging weight, these numbers are for the amount of meat we actually received.

I forgot to get a picture until after I had everything sorted and ready to put in the freezer.  Not pictured is the 48 pounds of ground beef.

While I was there I also spent $132 on various things from their store, some we've had before and much we hadn't.  Overall we spent over a grand on meat today but it will last us for over a year.

I wanted to finish with a joke about meat, but I was afraid I'd butcher it.  ;-)

2 comments:

delcatto said...

Wow! There's enough there alright for the year ahead. Looks very good.

Scoakat said...

Thank you, delcatto. Sorry for the delayed response. My vacation has not started well...