Saturday, April 23, 2022

Nice Spring Day... Finally!

The first thing I noticed when I looked out the window this morning was how green the grass was.  It was still wet out from yesterday's and last night's rain, and it seems to have done wonders.  Temperatures rose steadily overnight and it's expected to get to the upper 70's ºF (about 22ºC) this afternoon for our nicest day of the year so far and since the first day of spring, a whole 5 weeks ago now.  The trees continue budding and plants have continued to come up despite the cool temperatures and rainy/snowy weather.

I've complained quite a bit this year, and while it has definitely been cooler and snowier than recent springs Google Pictures often reminds me that we do get this weather in April so we're not that far off from average, after all.  Well, I guess you could just say I've really had spring fever this year.  I'm so very tired of being cooped up in the house all day almost every day due to cold, snow or rain.  Soon it will be time for outdoor chores, and I even started already with some lawn patch the other day and a bit of weed pulling.

The plan for the day is normal chores and Saturday relaxing this morning, mostly over by now, then I'm going out to lunch with a friend to a Greek restaurant I've not been to before but I think will be good.  Early this afternoon my wife will be getting home from taking care of her Dad, so then we'll go for a walk, probably down to the Atwood area for maybe a drink and a snack.  There will likely be lots of people out and about today so we'll see how crowded the bike path and businesses are, but I expect everywhere to be busy as many people like us will be eager to get outside and enjoy the weather today.

This evening I'll be grilling out for the first time of the season; natural casing hot dogs that I got from the butcher when I picked up our last quarter cow.  And maybe, possibly, could there be a fire tonight?  The weather will be good for it but it may depend on how tired I am by then.  Today should be a good day to lift my spirits, and sorely needed.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

(Edit: It's going to get way too windy this afternoon for a fire, but I think I'll manage with the grill.  Windy like last post so I'll have to check out that wind map again.)

2 comments:

delcatto said...

Good to hear you have a proper spring day at last. Enjoy the weather and the BBQ hotdogs!

Scoakat said...

Overall, a very nice day indeed, thank you. I realize I've mostly been writing about the weather this spring. I have much on my mind that I just can't write about here, though.