Sunday, March 20, 2022

Happy Spring 2022

Happy Spring equinox, everyone.  It was a beautiful day today, sunny here with temperatures getting up to the mid-60's.  I slept in and we had a lazy morning but then early afternoon we took a walk down to the Atwood area for a lunch and conversation at Wilson's and a short stop at the Harmony.  The bike path was very busy, as expected for how beautiful this Sunday was.  There were lots of walkers like us and bicyclists trying to make their way, too.  It is a bike path, after all, though on days like this and for summer events the walkers seem to outnumber the bicyclists by a lot.  I got this picture looking back on the way down when few were around us for a minute, and it was much busier on the way back.

The green in the far right middle is fake grass, but still a nice outdoor area behind the ice cream shop that we will visit when it gets warmer.  Otherwise, there's not any green that is noticeable yet, unless you look very close and in the right place.  We do have a few things around the yard starting to grow, and you can now just start to see buds on the trees.

We had some new snow on the ground yesterday morning, but not much and it didn't last long before melting.  The next few days will be cooler with a 'wintry mix' at times, but only a couple nights below freezing in the forecast and no highs below, thankfully.  You can finally really feel that spring is in the air, so hopefully soon I can write less about the weather and more about going out and doing things when the opportunities arise.  I plan to walk more now that the weather is getting better, and just try to get out to do more things.  There will come a time when the heat of summer will force us inside, hopefully not too often, but working from home now for so long I know I need to make more of an effort just to get out of the house a whole lot more often than I have.  Winter is not an excuse anymore and with the pandemic seemingly under control getting out and about should be easier to do this year.

Happy Spring, everyone.  I have high hopes.

2 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Very heavy frost here this morning, but very sunny and warm for the past 4 days now.

Are you going to be WFT indefinitely now?

Covid cases rising alarmingly over here again, but people are being totally stupid, absolutely back to normal, no masks, no distancing, no hand sanitising, so it's hardly surprising.

Scoakat said...

I'm classified as a remote worker now, but they can yank me into the office anytime they want. Not sure why they would, but odder things have happened.

I'm hoping we get back to normal soon, though I'm hearing of a new variant, too. Even if not required here anymore, I've been wearing a mask when I go into stores and still trying to be safe. I'm not alone, I'd say it's about 50/50 from what I've seen.