Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Friday's Firepit - Video!*

Friday afternoon the weather was so that I decided to have a fire while listening for the first time to the new Nightwish CD.  As I had to charge up my old phone that morning to check something on it, it occurred to me that I could use it as a camera still, so I did.  I wasn't sure how much space it had or how long it would run, but it was just an experiment and I didn't think anything would really come of it.  Turns out it's not so bad, really, and it lasted for almost the whole time I was out there.

So for some quarantine shits and giggles, here it is.  I've seen worse videos on YouTube, after all.  Never mind that it was overcast all day until I started the video.  Never mind that I initially forgot my headphones.  Never mind that I also forgot the fire poker in the garage.  Never mind anything at all and relax with this big oaf by the fire!



Email readers, use the link at the bottom of the email and visit the website to view the video.

*Aha! I found the embed problem in the settings, video can now be seen.  Sorry!  Friday, 4/24

12 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Ah... the embedded video doesn't play from here. I think we had that problem once before? I'll try to watch via YouTube instead though.

Hope you're feeling stronger day by day.

Scoakat said...

We had an issue when I tried to link to a picture from my google photos, so I know that doesn't work.

The video has gotten views and comments on YouTube, so it should be out there for all to see.

And yes, thank you!

Blue Witch said...

That cheered up my rather trying day yesterday and made me smile again this morning.

I fast forwarded it as it was rather long to watch in its entirety and it was even funnier. I'm not sure if it had sound as I have the speakers off. But, as a silent movie it was great!

I particulalry love the 'look' you were giving the camera at the beginning and the way you lovingly tended and slowly rearranged your log store. That seems a good design - off the ground and covered. Do you remember where you got it? I'm thinking that we will need a log store eventually and Mr BW could blacksmith something like that, given a view of the design.

delcatto said...

Thanks for that, I watched it on youtube. I do so like your fire-it.

Scoakat said...

Hi guys! Not sure why you can't see the embedded video, you can see other videos I post, right?

Yes, I know it's long, it's just a goof anyway. My look at the beginning was just to make sure everything was in the frame. I got the firewood rack from Amazon, holds a little less than a face cord of wood (4' x 8' x 16") and I do like it lots. I may have to figure out a better cover the less wood I have left. With enough fires I'll need another load later this summer to fill it up.

Scoakat said...

Oh, and it does have just ambient sound, BW. A plane or two, a dog barking or neighbor kids playing every now and again. But that's it.

And did you see my wife pop outside for a smoke?

Blue Witch said...

Thanks for the source for the wood store Scoakat. I've looked it up on amazon.com (cf .co.uk) and have printed off the designs. Give it a cople of years and you'll be seeing the resultant MrBW-version on the blog!

Hope you are getting back to your usual self? (I had to delete the word 'feeling' from that sentence as, reading it back, it was not the meaning I wanted!!! ;))

Scoakat said...

LOL - Yes to both!

Actually, still feel it in my lungs and I may for some time, I think. But overall very good, thank you.

Blue Witch said...

TMI ;)

I'm pleased you're nearly mended.

Scoakat said...

Just to verify, you can see the video now, right?

Blue Witch said...

Yes, thank you!

I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to find it funny, but it makes me smile and cheers me up every time I click over here!

Scoakat said...

Thank you, BW.

You can find it funny, I'm good with that. I'm glad it cheers you up!