Monday, May 4, 2020

Spring Weekend

We had a beautiful spring weekend, by far the best weather we've had this year.  The plants are growing well, trees are budding and the rabbits are back.  On Saturday we - mostly my wife - got lots of yard work done outside.  It was also the first day of the year we had all the windows open to let in that fresh spring air.  We just had to get the grill out, hamburgers for lunch and bratwurst for dinner.  Yes, we grilled out twice in the same day.  Why not?

Even though it was so nice out, it was also overcast most of the day.  Of course, until I started a fire.  It was still nice out by the fire, but very different than last time.  The temperature got up to 74ºF so I was in shorts and t-shirt rather than last fire when it was 48ºF and I was in long pants and jacket.  It was nice out there for a while but the wind picked up so I had to smother the fire eventually.  I have a lid for the firepit so I put the lid on it.

Sunday was also very nice but much more windy so it chilled too much with windows open like the day before.  And it sounds like this will be it for a while, unfortunately.  I think we may even be in line for snow flurries again later in the week.  Ah, yes, welcome to Wisconsin.  If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes...

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


Lazy fool, any excuse to get out of chores and have a fire!

No leaves yet, but they're coming.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

I think you're right about our weathers being similar now. Snow showers and 1&deg:C forecast overnight on Saturday.

Blue Witch said...

Damn, that : should have been a ; to get the degree sign.

Scoakat said...

I'm sorry to hear! It will be interesting to see any similarities as the seasons go. I bet I'll win winter! If you can call that winning...

I do alt-0186 to get the º, what do you do? ° ?
https://www.alt-codes.net/

Scoakat said...

Hey, that worked! Now what did I do? & deg ; - with no spaces.

Blue Witch said...

Yep. Always more than one way to skin a cat.