Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Ides of July

Ides - (ahydz) or (īdz) -noun (used with a singular or plural verb) (in the ancient Roman calendar) the fifteenth day of March, May, July, or October, and the thirteenth day of the other months.

Just a small update. Only small things have happened.

We did go out on the boat last weekend. It was a disappointingly short trip, though. There was a bit of a breeze, so we were only out there for an hour. I was around boats quite a bit it seems when I was young. There is much I remember, but it is hard for me to convey what I know to a boatload of independent women!

Alot of big trees around. Almost every day, it seems, I'm scouring the yard to pick up all the sticks. Especially after a storm or even a windy day.

I am very grateful for the few years I worked at Ace Hardware. I learned alot then that I need to know now. Yet somehow I always considered myself more of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. Or more aptly, a rough carpenter, not a finish carpenter. Anyway, Ace is my favorite place these days! (Even though I no longer get the employee discount I still received until about 2 weeks ago!)

GO BREWERS! (They need the help)

No comments: