Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Fence Delay

It started snowing by 2:00 this afternoon, a heavy, wet, accumulating snow.  It's due to snow through tomorrow and into Thursday morning, per the forecast.


I called the fence place this afternoon to see if they still planned on putting in the fence tomorrow.  I told them I wanted to be there for it and didn't want to take a day off work unnecessarily, so I wanted to know today.  My ultimate response was that they normally look at the weather in the morning before making that decision, but understanding that I wanted to be there and the probability that it would be put off anyway, they rescheduled the installation for Thursday.  Temperatures will hover around or just above freezing so I don't expect too much snow on the ground, but it will certainly be muddy.  And might make the firewood dump more difficult, now tomorrow or maybe early on Thursday.

The drive home from work this afternoon was a bit tricky and slow as the roads were covered and slippery while traffic was ramping up to rush hour.  But work has been going well and I'm becoming more comfortable with my role and responsibilities.  Not unpleasant at all, but still feels just very different for me.

7 comments:

delcatto said...

Wow! Do you often have snow in April?
Stay warm and safe on the roads.

Scoakat said...

I can't say it's unusual or even unexpected. But it is certainly unwelcome!

Scoakat said...

Another delay, they said its too wet and muddy to do installations without damaging yards, and I agree. Sometime next week, supposedly, as it also looks like a wet week.

Blue Witch said...

Puts off the evil day of paying for it though!

Cold and very very rainy here - so sluhy rain but not snow. Thankfully.

Scoakat said...

Payment is not an issue. Fences are expensive but half was a deposit and the other half billed upon completion, like last time.

Our street is getting redone this year, and our cost will be around $4700.00. They keep talking about 8 payments, and I guess most people would or may have to do that, but we'll just pay it in full so no interest.

Yes, you will hear and see much more about the street reconstruction this summer! I have my opinions about those happenings so far that I may share very soon.

Sun today, finally, but some rain Sunday into Monday morning - when the fence is now due to be installed.

Blue Witch said...

You have to pay for your street to be redone? Don't local taxes cover that? I can't imagine most people having that sort of money spare in these times.
Hope the fence finally gets done tomomorrow.

Scoakat said...

Yes, we do have to pay for a percentage of the work done at the front of our property, but our property value will increase, as well. It's almost doubled since we bought the house in 2009, already.

And the fence damn well better get done tomorrow!