Saturday, March 30, 2024

Yesterday And Today II - More Fence Prep

Preparation of the property line for the new fence had stalled since the last post, very much due to weather and my back.  Yesterday I got the call, they want to install it on Wednesday and I thought we'd be ready so Wednesday it is.  As previously planned, new neighbor removed his fence and took most of the dirt away yesterday.

And when I got home this afternoon I grabbed a bucket for a few plants and roots and the garden rake.  I shaped the area as I thought would best bring the yards together, bringing a pile of extra dirt to the middle.  New neighbor came out and took that pile away.  He also took away the timbers that held back the dirt for another project of his.  He was making this easy on me.  We did some more spreading and evening and were both satisfied with the result.

I'm going to call it ready for the new fence, except for the firewood.  That will happen Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

delcatto said...

Looking good for new fence. Shame your woodpile isn’t on wheels to help move it.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, delcatto, it'll be worth restacking the wood. I just hope dumping it goes as planned. A cheap tarp and cardboard may help keep it from digging up the lawn, I'm thinking.