Friday, March 22, 2024

Yesterday And Today

Yesterday I completed getting the bulk of the plant matter out of the strip of the stump area by the fence, 4 five-gallon buckets full.  My back is definitely tight and sore, but I've had it lots worse.  I asked the new neighbors if they needed any free dirt, and they said yes so hopefully they can take most if not all of it for us.  Below is what it looked like when I got done yesterday.

And here it is this afternoon, after several inches of wet snow from about midnight until noon today.

Tomorrow should melt most of the snow that is left, but our weather looks to be pretty wet until the middle of next week.  While this does hamper the preparation for the fence installation, besides agreeing to take away at least some of the dirt the new neighbor also let me know of plans to remove their fence soon, as well.  Hopefully things fall into place in the next week or two, but again, I won't let the fence be installed until we're ready.  I do look forward to that first fire after having the new fence installed and everything else - mostly the firewood - back in order.

But, March will be March, after all.  I forgot to say it last post, but Happy Spring Equinox, everyone.

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Happy Spring Equinox!

Snow again and yes, a wet Spring but normal for this time of year. Showers today which was not predicted so gardening stopped until the drier weather allows grass mowing.

Take care of your back, rest after that work.

Blue Witch said...

Colder here again too, but still 2 or 3 degrees C at night and 8 or 9 by day. I don't think there will be any more snow.

Glad your back is holding up.

Scoakat said...

Thank you both. Still a bit sore but nothing unusual for me. Another dusting of snow this morning and maybe off an on today with rain the next couple days. No more work in back until the dirt dries out a bit later in the week.