Friday, March 10, 2023

March In Pictures

The day before yesterday I noticed one of the first telltale signs of Spring - crocus coming up all over the back yard.


The weather had been drier and most of the snow had melted.


I had taken a couple days off work and my mom got back from Alabama last weekend so I planned a trip down to see her.  But there was weather coming, so I left right after work on Wednesday and got back to town around mid-day on Thursday, ahead of that weather by a couple hours.

On the way out I noticed we also had green popping up in the flowerbeds.  Hard to see here, but it's happening.


I had some time to go out to lunch and appreciate someone's chalk drawings on the way.


The snow began early afternoon yesterday and continued until mid-morning today, ending just recently.


Winter has not left us yet.


We average 7 inches of snowfall in March and it seems we got it all at once, and more, with much of the month left yet.


Overall, pretty typical for March in Wisconsin.  I feel the spring fever and I'm so ready to be done with winter, but winter is not quite done with us yet.  Cheers, everyone.


4 comments:

delcatto said...

Argghhh! Signs of spring and then winter barges back in like an unwelcome noisy drunk at closing time. Hopefully the temperatures will rise and the snow dissipate and the welcome sun return. Lovely splash of colour from the crocuses.

Scoakat said...

Some melting, then a few more inches on top of that. But it's March so shouldn't last long. I know I've had fires with the crocus at my feet, not sure if that will happen this year.

Blue Witch said...

Totally similar here!

Scoakat said...

Show us pictures, BW! How much snow did you get? :)