Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Cold, Cold Nights.. Again

Temperatures are about the same as around 1 year ago when I posted this originally, but more snow and icicles now.  At least the sun is out, but that's part of the reason we're so cold.  Anyway, this seemed appropriate to post again today. 


I took the rest of the day off today due to headache/mental health.  My counterpart at work has driven me nuts for years now, and after all this time I still just don't know what the hell they're thinking or why they do what they do much of the time.  Sometimes I just have to excuse myself from their company.  Despite the weather, I think I'll bundle up and go out for lunch today, and I may have a few drinks, too.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

I have no idea how I would deal with a situation like this Scoakat. You have my symapthies, and I hope you feel better soon.

It's not snowy here, and long may it stay that way, because I just couldn't cope with snow and builder's shit. It's so bad I can't even write aboutit.

Scoakat said...

You would muddle along and do what you can do. My supe knows the score, which doesn't really help me much. This is a big reason why I don't talk about work often, it would just be complaining about her.

Sorry to hear, did you see any of your builders in the video I linked last post? :)

delcatto said...

My sympathies too Scott as it is difficult to deal with and I have been there in the past. Hopefully that meal out and a few beers helped as well as the break from that person.

Very mild here but sadly I am trapped indoors by illness and can only gaze out of the windows. After a fairly dry January (no beer) I had hoped to venture out to a local pub but no alcohol allowed at the current time.

Blue Witch said...

The thing is, I almost certainly would not be able to stop myself doing something about the situation... which may not end well of course...

And to have a boss who does nothing, knowing about the situation. Utterly unacceptable.

Scoakat said...

Thanks delcatto, it was a good afternoon out and more drinks than necessary!

We are beginning to show her the upper level tasks that I do alone right now even though she is the same level (but underqualified). Her mistakes will be documented and when enough they can move on from her. So there is that, but I'll have those mistakes to clean up. A necessary process to let her go with cause.

But enough of my work. I have a post written to look over and add pictures to. Yes, bread.