Friday, January 27, 2023

Drunk Angry Jesus

 

Well, it takes all kinds.  What there is of this story from last weekend is at this link.  This show is in town tonight at the Sylvee -  Anthrax and Black Label Society with Exodus.  While I'm very familiar with who all the bands are, I mostly know and would mainly be interested in the headliner, Anthrax, on their 40th anniversary tour.  During the summer of 2021 I bought a ticket and watched their livestream 40th anniversary show, which last year was released on DVD.  And here I see they're only playing 13 songs on this tour, but with 3 bands that have been around a long time they must be giving everyone a good amount of time, I hope.  Anyway, I thought about going to this show for a long time, but there's just not enough there for me to get me to go out through the snow and cold, crowds, parking queues and outrageously priced drinks.  I admit, it gets harder to do these things as I get older, but I'm still willing.  This show just wasn't it.

I love that picture.  Wish I knew the whole story.

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Was he arrested turning wine back into water in a public area?

I do like Black Label Society but I don’t think I have ever listened to Anthrax. I will have to give them a listen.

Scoakat said...

The story doesn't say, just has bits and pieces of what happened and a few more pictures. I'll follow up if I hear more, because I'd like to know!

Nic said...

That is indeed a great story...and I totally get it about travelling for live music, nothing's caught my interest further away than local pubs for ages.