Friday, December 16, 2022

RIP Neighbor Dave

I was clearing snow the other morning and ran into neighbor Dave's granddaughter who stepped outside for a smoke.  I asked how Dave was, she said not good, he spent most of the last two days sleeping and time was short so if I wanted to see him I should do it soon.  I apologized and told her I was sick, she said it wouldn't matter.

This morning I was clearing more snow and saw one of Dave's sons coming out of the house,  Again I asked about Dave and he told me Dave passed last night.  As he was saying this he was walking toward me to talk and I had to stop him so I told him I had covid.  So, from a distance he told me that Dave passed peacefully and rather quickly.  He discussed how his mom lingered for years, and I nodded as Dave had told me the story a few times.  I wished him and his family well, he got my contact info, and we parted.  I do hope I'm well enough to pay my respects when the time is determined.

RIP Neighbor Dave.  You were a great neighbor to have and we will miss you.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I am so sorry you lost your wonderful neighbor, Dave. Also, sorry you have covid! So much illness around!!

Blue Witch said...

So sad. Good neighbours are a treasure.
Sorry you didn't get to say goodbye because of covid.

delcatto said...

Sad you never got to say goodbye. Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold.

Kel said...

So sorry to hear about Dave's passing. And hope you feel better soon! I just got my booster today. It's going around again (still) and I don't want it!