Thursday, December 15, 2022

Covid II

Thank you for the well-wishes.  Sorry, I've been sick enough that I've had no desire to sit in front of the computer.  The last few days have been completely miserable for us.  All I've heard lately is how Covid is just like a bad cold now.  Well, obviously my definition of a cold is different than most people's.

I consider a cold as unpleasant with sniffles/cough and head/body aches, mostly.  Once you get a fever and even more on top of that, especially for multiple days, I consider it something more than a cold.  I just call it a nasty virus or something like that.

What is your opinion?  When does a cold stop being a cold and become something more?

3 comments:

Blue Witch said...

I hope you didn't catch what we have from reading! Although ours has never been a cold at all.

We're still suffering. Very very nasty virus. Not testing positive for covid, but who knows how good the tests are for detecting newer variants.

Nearest neighbour (nearly 70) has had 7 covid jabs and a flu jab and still has it - says she has never been iller in her life. She also says that's the end of having any more jabs as they clearly don't work!

Hope you feel better soon.


delcatto said...

I have to agree with BW as the reports are of flu, RSV and other respiratory viruses and they are horrible. High fevers, extreme tiredness and aches / pains in one's bones and joints.

Hopefully you will be over the worst of it and back on your feet again.

Scoakat said...

Thank you both. I finally didn't have a fever when I woke up this morning, and I'm mainly very much fatigued today.

I guess there is no real clear-cut answer.