Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving 2022


I'd been wanting to have a fire since we got the load of wood a few weeks ago.  I had all the wood splinters and small bark pieces that were swept up and put in the firepit and so have kept the lid on to keep that as dry as possible until I could burn it up.  Yesterday was my first good opportunity with the next day off and agreeable weather and wind.

It gets dark early now, sunset was at 4:27, so I got a start shortly after getting off work at 3.  I wasn't planning on spending the whole evening out there, just a good, small fire to burn stuff up, including the small stick pile that was out front.  I had the idea to film it and see what I could do with it, and only realized later as I was reviewing the footage that I did pretty much the same thing last year.  Not the first time I've repeated myself here, I'm sure.

Last year's video was clips of the evening, so since I had the footage already here's the first half hour of last night's firepit compressed into about 2 1/2 minutes.  Watch it or not, I had fun, and what I was watching on my phone was the end of a very close Badgers basketball game - they won :)  


Not much happening around here for the holiday, just a welcome break from work for 4 days.  Happy Thanksgiving weekend, everyone.

6 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Happy Thanksgiving Scoakat!

I always think of you when fresh cranberries from your state come into the shops at this time of year. Only this year they seem to be from Canada...

Scoakat said...

Thanks, BW! It's late, but I had to look.

Wisconsin appears to produce 60% of the cranberries from the US, and the US produces about half of the world production, with Canada about half that, and the other quarter from Chile and more. Very roughly.

I'm sure it's just the disbursement, I'm lacking a better term at the moment. You've been well off to get ours so consistently for so long until now, maybe. :)

delcatto said...

Shame I can't post pictures here as I have a photo of Sherlock attacking the screen when I watched your video.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Scoakat said...

Show him the one with the squirrels! :)

Blue Witch said...

The Canadian ones are nowhere near as tasty as the Wisconsin ones!

Interesting production stats, thanks.

delcatto said...

I daren't show him the squirrels video. He has taken to attacking anything shown on screen and yesterday he was glued to the TV screen when he saw a cat in an advert.