Friday, December 10, 2021

RIP Apetor and Booster

 Apetor is a Youtuber that I've followed for many years now, me and his other 1.27 million subscribers.  I really liked his quirky, entertaining videos.  Last night I learned that he died on November 27.  Apetor made many different videos but he had a penchant for skating on thin ice, and that seems to have been the end of him.  I won't say much more here, but this short article tells more about him and how he died.  Below is the last video he made, from November 22, link here for email readers.  RIP Tor Eckhoff.


I got my booster and flu shots yesterday.  I remember feeling a little unwell after my second Covid shot, and I do not feel well today.  I'm not sure if having both at the same time made it worse, but my shoulder that got both injections is also pretty sore today.  Small price to pay for peace of mind, I think.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Live fast, die young, stay happy.

I hope that the drinking before the stunt that went wrong wasn't what led to his death (by dulling his reactions so his responses weren't sharp enough for him to save himself). His poor family.

delcatto said...

I remember seeing a video of him in an ice bath whilst necking vodka. Sad end for him.

Scoakat said...

Yes, it seems he died trying to maintain his risky behavior for the sake of making videos. Very unfortunate, and makes me feel a bit guilty for enjoying watching that risky behavior.

Nic Hamilton said...

Good to hear to you got your booster and hope you're feeling better now. I had no reaction other than a bit of soreness to mine (and had been fearing worse as everyone I knew who had already had the booster seemed to have a bad reaction. Mrs.Planarchy had her flu jab the day after her booster and chose to have it in the other arm so she was wandering around with two sore arms!

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Nic! Yes, just lasted a day. My wife did the same a day later and had a bad day, too. Almost 2 years later and still a huge issue, I don't think it will be going away anytime soon.