Saturday, March 13, 2021

76 Days

It had been 76 days since I had a fire, until tonight.  My last fire was on December 27, and I posted about it here the next day.  Today is a full day with traveling to get the beef (see post from earlier today), doing an inventory and putting away the beef, taking a nice nap, spending a couple hours around the fire and now relaxing for a bit before a concert livestream starts in a half hour.  This is a pretty good day.

And garden rebuilding decisions have been made.  More soon.

8 comments:

delcatto said...

Happy Fire pit day! That looks just right, sit beside it with a cuppa and watch the flames. Enjoy!

Scoakat said...

It was very nice, thank you. At least two others in the neighborhood also had fires, so I guess the season has officially begun!

Except they're calling for 1-4 inches of snow tomorrow. March.

Blue Witch said...

76 days since the last firepit? That is the fastest 76 days ever...

We had snow flurries, sleet and hail yesterday, but today is sunny, if still cold.

Scoakat said...

The snow is later than expected. I was hoping to get it cleaned up before bed tonight, but that might not happen. Oh, just started snowing now...

Nic said...

Fire every night since some time in December here I think.....of course that's in our inside log-burner!
All wood from our own trees too. Or ex-trees I suppose.

Scoakat said...

I would if I could, Nic! Sounds like you have a good supply of wood, but it's awful hard work, isn't it?

Nic said...

Hard work? No, not really....quite therapeutic to spend an hour a week chopping wood I find. I try to keep well ahead so we've always got plenty ready for burning. It usually sits in the barn for a couple of years after cutting and I make sure I'm cutting it to the right size when felling the trees where possible. Then a little bit of final splitting and kindling making as we go along through the year.

Scoakat said...

Working at your own pace and for yourself I can see the therapeutic and physical benefits, but I think you may be a bit modest. ;)