Monday, December 28, 2020

Snowy Firepit

Yesterday morning Google Photos reminded me that indeed I did have a firepit after Christmas on that date last year, but for some reason I never posted about it.  So I checked the weather and the winds were light and the temperatures moderate (just above freezing) but there was snow that would be starting later in the afternoon.  Never mind the snow, I was going for it and having a fire!

I'm glad I did as it was actually pretty ideal outside for a late season fire.  After a couple hours the snow came, so I let the fire die down as I stood around it, poking at it now and again, sometimes while listening to music.  I had to take my chair inside the garage as the snow was getting it wet.  It was so very peaceful getting snowed on and watching the flames.

The snow was sticking to the ground by the time I went in, and we got about 2 inches over the next few hours to blanket everything once again.  But this is nothing, really.  We already have a Winter Storm Warning for Tuesday/Wednesday that they say to expect 6-8 more inches, but we'll see.

Below is a one minute video from yesterday afternoon, link here for email readers.  Get comfortable, take a deep breath and let it out slowly, then watch the video and maybe you'll feel some of the peace I felt while out there yesterday.  Here's sending some peace your way.

5 comments:

Nic said...

Nice snow video...am kind of jealous of your snow. We haven't had any here though we did get some hail yesterday afternoon but hail is kind of snows angry cousin, not ice at all. Stay warm AND safe!

Blue Witch said...

We had snow on 24th and 25th which was magical. We've just had another 3 minutes of heavy snow, but it's not settled. After our grocery delivery comes in (between 2 and 3pm) I'm hoping for lots more!

I have to admit to preferring indoor fire to outdoor - but we do have an outdoor incinerator (metal cyliinder) which we've been using to burn anything that will burn without being hugely toxic to the environment, and, when it is dark, that is amazing!

delcatto said...

Marvellous, watching the snow gently fall and then the flames flickering around your firepit. Thank you for that.

Windy and wet here although we do have a weather warning for snow which means we will get rain and icy roads!

Scoakat said...

Hi guys! Glad you liked the video, it's just a small sample of what I find relaxing out there. I'd love an indoor fireplace, too, but outside is all I have. A little ice can be worse than lots of snow, so you all stay safe, too.

The snow just started to fall here and is expected to continue until early tomorrow morning. Like I told my mom earlier - I have half a mind to have another fire in the snow, but that would just prove I have only half a mind!

Scoakat said...

We received 5.1 inches of snow, but it seems more in areas. You can only see the top half of the top layer of blocks on the firepit, currently.