Wednesday, November 18, 2020

LLP Bonus - Eskimo Callboy and Skynd

I was going to save this for a later time to space out the music posts, but I just don't have much to say currently.  All is well; eat, sleep, work - you know how it goes.

There are two other acts that have caught my attention this year, Eskimo Callboy and Skynd.  I haven't heard enough of them or know enough about them for them to be worthy of a full LLP post, but I am intrigued and like what I see so far.  Both these artists are very different, but I enjoy lots of different music.

Eskimo Callboy is a German band that has been around for about a decade or so, and I do remember hearing the name before but it was on a local radio station so I probably dismissed it as I really don't pay a whole lot of attention to radio to find my music.  They've been described as a mix of metal, comedy, hardcore and electronic.  I don't care what you call it, this song is very catchy and the video is hilarious in an eighties workout video kind of way.

Eskimo Callboy - Hypa Hypa

Skynd is a little different, to say the least.  Her music is dark and eerie, yet I find it catchy and interesting.  She doesn't have a whole lot of songs out, 7 or 8 from what I can tell, and they all have a serial killer kind of theme.  Literally, her songs are about serial killers and the songs are named after the serial killer she is singing about.  The latest song, though, is a little different as it's just called Columbine.  If you forget, it's the high school in Colorado that two kids shot up back in 1999.

Skynd - Columbine

4 comments:

Nic said...

Love the mix of Europop with metal from Eskimo Callboy....great find.

Scoakat said...

I still get a kick out of it, but my wife is sick of me playing it by now. I've looked into more of their work since I wrote this, and not much else really stands out to me right now.

Nic said...

Ah well, one good track is still better than most!

Many thanks for buying my songs, much appreciated.

Scoakat said...

Yes, I finally got off my butt and signed up for Bandcamp. You're welcome, thank you for creating nice music!