Thursday, September 5, 2019

Labor Day and Packers

Tonight is finally the opening of football season with the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears - the oldest rivalry in the NFL - to start the NFL's 100th season.  The Packers played their 100th season last year, so they're older than the league, interestingly.  We've not seen much of what the Packers starters could do in the preseason, and they have a big challenge tonight playing in Chicago against the defending NFC North champion Bears.  After the off-season coaching change and all the speculation I just hope it's a good game that gives us hope no matter tonight's outcome.  Go Packers!

Last weekend we had a holiday fire pit with friends, only the second time this season we attempted this.  The first time was on Fourth of July weekend and only friends Terry and Becky came over and we didn't even have a fire because it was so hot!  Sunday night turned out much better and we enjoyed seeing friends that we hadn't seen in quite some time.  As summer wanes there will be more fire pit opportunities so we'll need to try and take advantage.



That should be all for now, I need a nap.  Since I get up at stupid o'clock every morning and it's a night game tonight I'll need to get some sleep.  Remember, the Bears still suck - Go Packers!

3 comments:

delcatto said...

'Tis the season now for fire pits and it is ideal for get together. Enjoy!

delcatto said...

Blimey! It took me nine attempts clicking pictures of traffic lights, bicycles and fire hydrants to make that comment!

Scoakat said...

BW mentioned the Captcha thing recently, too. Usually I only have to check the box, only once in a blue moon do I get the pictures thing. I have the same Blogger Captcha thing on my blog that you do on yours, Delcatto. If I remove it then I usually get spam comments, but I may have to try again, I guess.