Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday Pictures*


The lamp, he is angry.
I take a lot of pictures.  With digital being so easy and storage so cheap, why not?  I don't see myself as some great photographer or anything, but it is a nice feeling when you get a good picture.

I don't feel I have a lot to say right now, but I do have pictures.  This is just a few pictures I took over the last week.  Let's see how this goes...

*Picture links updated, thanks BW!





Work is to start on a canoe/kayak slide at the end of our street.

Starkweather Creek, the branch by our neighborhood.

Dinner first...

...then fire.


























6 comments:

Blue Witch said...

The pictures aren't showing up?

Scoakat said...

Interesting. I opened in a new browser that I'm not signed in to google and you're correct.

This time I tried to add photos with a link to the photo in Google Photos rather than download the pictures from my phone. Well, now I know that doesn't work. I'll fix it.

Blue Witch said...

Thanks!

I don't think I'd seen your area from that angle before. Looks very bucolic from there. Is the new canoe slide going to affect you?

Scoakat said...

Looks may be deceiving as we're right in the city, but we do have some good green spaces around. And I'm sure you've seen this area here before, just not so overgrown. The slide shouldn't affect us much at all, but some (younger) neighbors do have kayaks and/or canoes so this will be welcomed by them. I don't expect a big impact, however, as even people who drive here to start their voyage will probably have to have a driver take the vehicle to meet them down by the lake.

There was more work done upstream yesterday so I'm sure I'll do a post about it when the project is further along. With pictures, of course!

delcatto said...

I can see the pictures now!
Is the water low in the creek in that picture?
We have canoeists & kayakers using the dock near us but we rarely see anyone using the river which is a shame.

Scoakat said...

Still higher than it should be, see Lake Monona last post. If it was lower there may be some flow to to the creek, right now it seems rather stagnant. It's very overgrown this along it year so you can't really see the rocks on the sides.