Saturday, June 2, 2018

Official Fire Pit Christening*

20180601_202744

20180601_202713
Bridget (aka 'The Finger') & Zubin
We had a very nice evening last night, officially breaking in the fire pit with friends Bridget and Zubin.  We were going to have a fire no matter what, but I put the word out just a day before and most people were busy except the busiest couple we know!  Thanks for coming over, guys!

The mosquitoes have been horrendous this year, and supposed to only get worse.  I sprayed repellent with the hose all over the yard and even sprayed myself with the regular spray.  They weren't too bad early, the breeze was a help I'm sure, but I did get bites later in the night.  Usually we have some time in the spring before they start hatching - not this year.

20180601_191018Also yesterday, I got a few good pictures of the cats and how they've been enjoying the new view with the new storm door.  They haven't made a break for it yet, but I have a feeling one of these days one is going to bolt when the door is opened.  I don't know what they'd do when they get outside and I bet they don't either.

I still have to address the old computer, but with a new one the urgency is less.  I might get to it tomorrow and if I do I'll post an update.


*Update 6/4:  As noted in the comments of the last post, yesterday afternoon I tried the second fix in the article linked in that post and, surprise, it didn't work. Not only did it not work it ruined the thumb drive I used, it's no longer formatted and won't let me format it. I'll have to wait for Microsoft to ship a fix for the computer.

No comments: