Monday, November 28, 2011

My Holiday Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed their long Thanksgiving weekend (if you were so lucky).  We had my wife's family over for dinner, my wife planned this so I could watch the early game (I'm so lucky!).  The Packers moved to 11-0 with a win against Detroit, and her family had a good meal and conversation.  Things always seem to happen, though, like say you'll bring dinner rolls but instead bring a loaf of bread and a huge unplanned-for-let-me-get-a-folding-table-to-hold-extra-stuff crock pot with swedish meatballs.  Same type of thing every time.  No worries, I'm starting to get used to it - what else am I going to do?  My wife had a wonderful meal prepared for everybody as usual, but thankfully all had left after a couple hours.  I had the last piece of pumpkin pie last night but turkey will find its way into a few meals very soon.

On Friday there was some work to do.  I cleaned up the leaves in the yard for what should be the last time, and also got plastic up on the bedroom windows.  That's about it.  Kate, well, she never stops.  She's always cleaning or cooking or doing laundry, always something.  I try to do my part around here, but in reality she does much more, especially since my string of surgeries this past year plus.  (Speaking of, I may have a torn meniscus in my right knee.  I'll know more a fortnight into the new year, the earliest appointment available.) That evening some friends stopped by for drinks and snacks.  It was a nice evening and I enjoyed myself.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing some serious resting and relaxing, and maybe fighting off a bit of a cold.  I'm still winning - wish me luck!  It was a nice few days to spend at home and try to recharge the batteries a bit.  Today I went into work early so I could leave early for my yearly physical, twice rescheduled due to surgeries.  I'm basically fine and fit, just got some needed oil for the rusty spots is all. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving with some company and other time to yourselves.
I'm glad to hear your physical went well. Stay Healthy! Love ya!