Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nothing Lately*

It's been quite a while since I've posted.  There just hasn't been anything going on with me or anything I've come across that I felt like passing along here.  Mostly I have been doing nothing.  Just trying to take care of myself while my back recovers from surgery.  It's not easy to do nothing.  I can't exercise other than walking, and I haven't done enough of that, so I have felt my strength and stamina slip away.  My overall eating has decreased significantly, and I've also noticed that my body does not tolerate fast food at all anymore, it really puts me in a bad place.  I have two weeks before I return to work to try and get myself together a bit more.

My Mom came up for lunch yesterday.  It was a nice visit but would have been nicer if I was feeling a bit better.  When she left I slept for a couple hours then my wife and I went to a 'happy hour' get together at our friends Bridget and Zubin's new house.  It was nice, they have a very nice house, but again I was feeling weak and tired so I wasn't a whole lot of fun to hang with.

It has been a week and a half since I've posted and this is all I have to say.  Sorry, that's it.


*Edit:  I have also gotten some comments from people about my last post about work.  I want to make it clear that I don't resent any of my co-workers, most are very -and some very very- nice.  It's not a perfect world, it is pretty much every man for himself and take care of your own these days and I understand that.  Work is work, play is play, business is business and that's about it. 

2 comments:

delcatto said...

I wouldn't worry too much about blogging. The important thing is to rest and recuperate. I hope it all goes well for you.

Scoakat said...

I'm not too worried about not posting, I just wish I had more going on that I could post about.