Thursday, March 8, 2012

Latest Listening Pleasure... Nightwish

Nightwish is a band from Finland that I found out about through their singer Annette Olzon's singing with Pain on the single/video 'Follow Me.'  At first I was a bit skeptical, I have never really listened to this symphonic metal genre of music before.  In fact, at first listen I preferred the instrumental version.  But it grew on me and continues to be played frequently on my ipod.  I've since listened to some similar bands, like Epica and Xandria, and have come to the conclusion that I do not prefer this type of music - except for Nightwish, who do what they do very very well.  I do only prefer the current Nightwish lineup and maybe their last with the previous singer on the cd, Once.  I have not felt the need to explore earlier releases, though I'm sure it would be interesting if I ever get bored.

This new project, Imaginaerum, is turning out to be quite a big project.  CD's, DVD's, a movie coming soon.  I look forward to seeing the movie when finished, I may buy the box set that I'm sure will come out.  Here is the first single off Imaginaerum, 'Storytime,' followed by a brand new (hours old when I posted this) Imaginaerum documentary trailer.



2 comments:

delcatto said...

I quite enjoyed that Scoakat. I'd never heard of them before but giving them a listen on spotify. Cheers for that.

Scoakat said...

I'm glad you liked it. Bands either got it or they don't to me, I think they got it.