Monday, June 19, 2023

Purple Door

The trail camera showed up after I started preparing yesterday and the SD card while I was painting, so I did not try a time lapse of painting the front door purple.  But no matter, the job got done and the results are pretty good, we think.

Two coats went on yesterday and some touching up this morning.  For some reason it never occurred to me that it would take more than one coat, but of course, covering a lighter color with a darker one will do that.  Still, didn't use much of the quart of paint so a shame there's nothing else we want painted purple.  I also spray painted black all the formerly brass hardware on the outside of the door.  I figured that was a better option than leaving them brass and more in line with our black and white outside theme.  Overall, I think it's a good addition of color without being loud or obnoxious.

On my last trip to see my Mom she reminded me of all the different colors she had painted our front door years ago, so maybe we'll change it up in a few years if we tire of purple.

3 comments:

delcatto said...

That's a Prince of a door...

Blue Witch said...

Very royal!

Attractive colour.

Scoakat said...

Thank you!

The east side of Madison has many homes that are non-traditional colors. I love that, and maybe we fit in a little more. ;)