Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Vaccinated, Again

Yesterday after work I went and got my second Covid booster shot.  It was recommended for people over 50 a few weeks ago, and now they're talking about shots for kids as young as six months, so I thought I'd beat the rush.  Also, while having lunch with a friend a couple weeks ago he discussed his mother and the issues she's had with shingles, and he gently reminded me that I'm over 50 and should get that vaccination, as well.  So I did that, too.  Same arm, I figured why have two sore arms?

The last time I had a Covid shot I remember feeling crappy the next day and as it was a slower day I wound up taking a half day off.  Today, after my fourth Covid shot and first (of two) shingles shots, I expected my arm to be sore and it is.  What I didn't expect is to feel like I have all-out flu.  I feel so terribly bad right now.  After contacting my boss early I went back to bed, just got up recently and feel no better at all so will end up there again very shortly.

Still, I think it's worth it to feel bad in the short term rather than risk health issues in the long term.  But that does not make me feel better right now.

As for today's weather report: It will be rainy all day again today with highs eventually getting to the upper 40's ºF, so still much below average.  But I saw on the news this morning that we are no longer officially in a mild drought, but officially dry, still.  I didn't know dry was an official term.  The plants don't care and have been coming up as normal, and (they say) we should get more seasonable in a week.

Seems like we've been waiting forever this spring.  I'm going back to bed.

3 comments:

Scoakat said...

Just checked and I have a fever of 100.3ºF. About 98.6 is normal in F, not sure in C.

Blue Witch said...

Oh good grief! Hope you feel better really soon. Why they even give multiple vaccinations that are surely untested combinations I have no idea.

9 weeks and 4 days is the average protection from covid vaccination. That's been hushed up, but comes from research funded by your government, in your country.

Scoakat said...

Had a fever the whole day yesterday, this morning woke to headache and nausea but no fever. Slept a few more hours (after sleeping much of yesterday and all night last night!) and now starting to feel better.

I did look into it beforehand and both vaccines were approved to get at the same time as other vaccines. The Covid vaccine has made me feel a bit poor the next day before, so I blame the extent of my side effects this time on the shingles vaccine and will have to plan ahead when I get the second.