Sunday, February 13, 2022

February This-And-Thats

It's been mostly another slow, winter week around here.  We're way below normal snow totals so far, and most days recently have been very cold, but there was one day that got above freezing and I took advantage by taking a good walk during a long work meeting.  Aside from the weather (for a change!) there are a few things I'd like to touch upon, so time to start typing again and see what spills onto the page.

  • I've not gone back for another try at the labyrinth, and just as well.  I thought about it briefly yesterday morning but the temperature was about the same as last week.  Not sure I would've gone even if it had been nicer.
  • "The Mitten" is still along the bike path, and while it looks like it's been there for some time now all panels are still intact.  I've not crossed the road in some time to see the second half but its probably the same.  And no, I've still not heard the story behind how it came to be there.
  • Covid numbers are going down and my cabin fever numbers are going up, so I want to start venturing out again.  Last weekend was the first time I've gone out to lunch since before Christmas, and today I'm going to make a useful but not absolutely necessary trip out to the hardware store.  Maybe I've been too careful about it since it started getting bad again last fall.  I know lots of people are pretty much acting like normal now and have been for quite some time.  I guess I'm just very wary.
  • I have an appointment with the surgeon again tomorrow about my ongoing diverticulitus issues.  I've not had a flare-up since the last time I wrote about it, but I did have a scare a little over a week ago that thankfully did not progress.  My diet has pretty much gone back to normal except for minor changes.  And I started eating dairy again without taking lactaid and seem to be handling it as well as I did before all this.  If I'm ever on antibiotics again I will be very, very cautious about it, though.
  • We recently decided it was time to order another quarter cow again and from the same place we got it last time, then they had a devastating fire.  It was mostly the offices that were lost, but they're still in the process of reorganizing and completing their existing orders with the help of other meat processing companies in the area and will not be ready to take any more orders until at least next week.  We liked them and want to support them, so will wait until they are ready.
Today is Superbowl Sunday.  My Packers had a very disappointing loss in the first round of the playoffs so I don't really have a dog in this fight.  I like things about both teams so I'm just hoping for a good game to watch.  Aside from my errand, we're not going to be leaving the house at all today.  My wife has a nacho day planned for us with all the fixins to go along with the pomp and circumstance of the big game.  Yes, we really miss socializing and having people over.  Hopefully soon.

3 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Hope you have had some good news health-wise by now.

What you have posted, labyrinth-wise, has inspired me to investigate what we can do about making one of our own. Thank you!

Scoakat said...

No bad news is good news!

You certainly have the space for a labyrinth, but do you need another project right now? I hope to hear of more and better progress for your home(s) soon. I cross my fingers for you every day!

Blue Witch said...

This labyrinth is a long-term idea for a project.

I need to keep having ideas to keep Mr BW busy as he hates not having things to do.

I hope to hear some good news soon too!!! Thanks for the positive thoughts.