Sunday, January 31, 2021

More Snow, Goodbye January

We got several inches of snow last night and this morning, and there is still a little more coming yet today.  The mounds along the walks and especially the streets are getting bigger, and it would be nice if we had a stretch of nice weather to knock them down some.  If I was a kid, though, this would be a lot of fun, especially if there was a sled hill nearby.  But at my age, well, let's just say it's not as much fun.  At least we don't have to go anywhere today.

The street has not been plowed yet but I'm sure it will get done before evening, and not all neighbors have their walks cleared yet.  I sometimes do the neighbors walks just as a courtesy, not to them as much as the walkers we can get through the neighborhood.  Neighbor Jane now pays someone to come out and do hers, so somehow that makes me less likely to go that way now.  Neighbor Dave was out shoveling last night, so his wasn't as deep.  I did a couple passes on his walk and he'll be out later to do his other areas and clean it up.

As for the back yard, there is a zero percent chance of a firepit anytime soon.


Still, as we leave January behind we are getting ever so slowly closer to spring.  Cheers, everyone.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Yeah, I'm bored with snow now too. Have seen more since Xmas Eve than for the whole of the last 20 years! More due to dump tonight...

I guess it's the old adage of 'be careful what you wish for'...

delcatto said...

Still no snow here apart from the occasional flake and I am certainly not wishing for any! It looks nice but driving and walking on it at my age is no longer fun.

Scoakat said...

It's sticky snow so good for snowmen, snow fights and snow forts. (Oh, to be that young again.) Otherwise good for backaches and slip/fall injuries. Thankfully we've been careful.

More snow due Thursday, then we get cold again!

Blue Witch said...

I reckon you need a cover and a canopy over that firepit to make it suitable for year-round use. What you'd make the canopy from, I have no idea. It would have to be metal I think.

Scoakat said...

LOL, I'm not even tempted. Never had a fire in more snow than I posted a few weeks ago. But this does make me think now - a portable firepit could be used in the driveway?! Naaaah. :)