Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year 2021

The consensus seems to be good riddance to 2020 and that 2021 will be much better.  It's a nice thought, but I think it will be more of the same until we can get a majority of people vaccinated and work through the details of getting back to some sort of normality.  Going back to the office, dining out, having drinks at the bar and gathering with friends and family will likely not return to any semblance of normal until late in the year, or possibly 2022, I fear.

More important is that there is now actual hope for a vaccinated end to this pandemic.  Hang on to that, encourage it, do your part when called upon and let's work toward that future and it will come to be.  I believe that because I have to.  How about you? 

Happy New Year to you all.  The ones I read, the ones I love, all my friends and all of you who take the time to read me.  Whether you comment or not, I can see you're there.  Thank you.

5 comments:

delcatto said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2021!

Scoakat said...

Thank you, delcatto, you too!

Nic said...

Happy New Year to you too. Will it be a better one, well probably but have we learned anything?
Will be more ready for the next virus....it will come surely?

On that happy note...... take care everybody.

Blue Witch said...

Happy New Year!

The current crisis was always just waiting to happen. As NiC alludes to, the worst is yet to come, I am sure. Vaccination simply will not work, and will cause a lot of people to become too complacent.

Scoakat said...

Things are forever changed, that's for sure. And as Nic points out, will we have learned anything? I hope so.

Happy New Year, guys. Ever forward!