Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Neighborhood Fireworks on the 4th

I had a firepit the evening of July 4 (surprise, right?) despite the current heatwave and was treated to a show that I wasn't fully expecting.  Oh, we always have some fireworks in the neighborhood, but with all the municipal fireworks cancelled due to the pandemic I was surrounded by pops, bangs and flashes for hours on end.  They came from all over,  but mostly to my right, and behind me to the left, but the biggest was in front of me and about a block away.

Here's a couple minutes of video I took of the fun - and illegal* - fireworks I enjoyed.



*Laws change wherever you go, but I believe the only things legal within Madison are snakes and sparklers, and absolutely nothing that goes into the air.  Thank you, neighbors!

2 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Wow! What are the penalties for illegal fireworks?

Scoakat said...

I'm sure it's just a fine. But, for the most part, the police will just turn the other way unless they get complaints. Even then they'd likely just confiscate what you have, is all, unless you give them a reason to do more.