Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy 4th!

Happy holiday, everyone!  If you're like me, though, you're probably just staying at home.  The pandemic has made a comeback yet I see more and more people out and about and not wearing masks.  Alas, will it ever end?

I've been out by the fire the last two evenings despite the heat and humidity.  If I go out shortly before sunset both are falling so it actually isn't as bad as you'd think it would be, sitting by a roaring fire.  Maybe I sat a bit further back from it, but no other issues - except mosquitoes.  They have fully arrived now and will be with us for the duration of the summer.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Blue Witch said...

60mph winds here today. No chance for the mosquitoes! Perhaps what we were told about it being too blowly here for them was true after all.

Scoakat said...

With 60 mph winds I can't imagine many birds would be about, either.

delcatto said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy 4th July! A happy late Independence day to you all!

Scoakat said...

Thank you! I've sometimes wondered how you guys feel about this holiday - us celebrating our independence from your country. I think you have a bank holiday instead, no fireworks or anything.