Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Sick Musings and Funny Videos

It's been over a week since I posted that I had the flu and I'm still sick.  No longer the flu, but the upper respiratory stuff, while much better, continues.  I still have a bit of a rattle in my lungs when I cough and still going through tissues like they're going out of style.  Other that, I've just been trying to stay rested and hydrated.  I really hope this goes away soon.

I've been around the internet while sick but haven't chimed in or commented anywhere.  Ghosting, you could say, as I've been feeling miserable and my attitude has often matched.  Best not say much until I feel better, I think.  With that thought, this will be a short post.  In fact, I'm not sure what else to say right now.  Let me take a quick look to see if I have anything to share.

All I can find or think of at the moment are two YouTube channels I recently found and have been enjoying lots.  They've both been around for a while now, but they're new to me.

First, the Manitowoc Minute.  A comedian from Wisconsin makes fun videos about, well, Wisconsin things, usually.  I featured one of his videos in a post last month.  Always fun to laugh at yourself, I find.  His channel is here, his latest video is below.



Second is a channel I'm still discovering.  It's by an ex-pat Englishman living in the Midwest U.S., currently Chicago, called Lost In The Pond.  That channel is here, and his most recent video is below.  But for a real good laugh see the video I first found of him called '5 U.S. States With Way Colder Winters than Britain.'  You just know Wisconsin is on his list.  In fact, that will be the video below, from just about a week ago.



Fun stuff.  Good times.  Hope I feel better soon.

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Blimey! He's from Grimsby which is where I live. I shall be watching more of these, thank you.

Keep treating that leurgy as there are some nasty bugs around.

Scoakat said...

I remember him saying he was from Grimsby and I know that's where you are, I guess I didn't want to seem creepy pointing it out? Not sure, but my head is finally getting straight again. Two full weeks after the sickness began. I may actually have my health fully back in a day or two!

delcatto said...

Good to hear your health is returning to normal.
He does not have the usual Grimsby accent but what we'd call Received Pronunciation which is a BBC / civil service style educated middle class accent. It's the sort of accent I use professionally in meetings except my Cockney accent generally slips through. I have to admit that when I was lecturing I used my Cockney accent and to good effect as it's very expressive!