Sunday, January 19, 2020

Winter, Packers and More

We got about 5.8 inches of snow officially over the last couple days, and temperatures are down in the teens today.  The piles of snow along with the temperatures make it feel like deep winter has finally arrived.  And the big lake, Lake Mendota, completely froze over a week ago today.  I guess it will be some time before I get to have a fire again.

I want to wish my wife a very happy birthday today.  Not only is it very cold outside, it got off to a rough start by me waking her early by snoring, then she's off helping her dad with lots of stuff, and soon we will be meeting out for a birthday dinner with her dad and sister's family.  Then later she has to listen to me yell at the television for a few hours tonight.  I love you honey, I'll make it up to you soon.

This evening is the NFC Championship game with my beloved Packers at the San Francisco 49ers, hype video below.  Again, I took a few hours off tomorrow so I can eat terribly and drink too much tonight while enjoying what I hope is a real good game.  Go Pack Go!


2 comments:

Scoakat said...

Packers lost. :(

delcatto said...

Happy belated Birthday to your wife!